Wednesday 23 December 2009

Lets it snow, let it snow, let it....stop snowing!!!!

This is what I woke up to on Monday morning, very pretty and christmassy - I was very excited and felt like a little girl as i jumped on the bed to wake Martin up and show him!

My excitement quickly dissapated however when I made it ourside to my car. Half an hour later and with the car sort of de-iced I realised I had no petrol and set off to Asda thinking that as it was only 8am I had loads of time to make the 35 minute journey to blackpool where I work.

How wrong I was. After filling up with petrol I spent 1/2 hour skating around the Asda carpark (who builds an Asda on a hill I ask?!). I must thank the two very kind and patient car park attendents who pushed (and pulled) me around until I was finally on a flat bit of road and able to set off to work!

The motroway was a bit slippery but not too bad and I made it off my junction with not much trouble. It was at this point that I began to regret setting off! The roads were like sheets of glass...
...and it took me 3 hours to travel 7 miles looking at this most of the way.

I did see this though..

the beautiful ice sculpture made by ........... totally covered in snow - it looked very magical =]

I eventually arrived at work 4 hours late and desperate for the loo! After dealing with a few messages I set off back home as the roads were starting to freeze - thankfully my journey home only took 1 1/2 hours! lol

That was Monday, yesterday I did not even attempt to go to work and this morning I woke up to yet more snow! I had decided to wait until the sun came out and chance trying to get to work as I am supposed to be meeting with the Blackpool Gazette to do a feature about some people I work with. it seems though that things are conspiring against me. Just as I was getting bundled up and starting to de-ice once again the traffic on my road started to slow and then stop.

There is now a traffic jam, both ways, outside and according to Martin, who walks to work, the jam is right across Peston! Seems I am not destined to work this week =]

The time off has allowed me to make some christmas pressies that I didn't think I would have time for, pictures will follow later as you never know who is reading and I don't want to spoil the surprise. I have also been snappy happy and taking lots of pictures of the snow, as much as it is annoying me its still very pretty!

I hope everyone is doing ok, wrap up warm get your wellies on and go play!
x x x

1 comment:

  1. If snow is not stopping, a trip gets disturbed but we see many travellers who like to travel while snowing.
    stansted airport cheap parking

    ReplyDelete