Monday 7 December 2009

The Christmas tree is up!

Get me being all organised. Last night I managed to clean through the whole house (something that doesn’t happen all in one go very often), get the decorations down from the loft (with disgruntled help from Martin), put the decorations up (picture to follow later when I can extract it from my camera), start my Christmas shopping (online) and start a new project.

I found some lovely wool at my local fabric shop ages ago. It is scrummy and yummy and pink with ‘bits’ in and I love it. I have been holding on to it for quite a while, waiting for the perfect project to come along. I have always loved ‘felted things’ so In my infinite wisdom I have decided to make a felted run, yes you heard it right, not a nice easy and small project for my first attempt at ‘proper’ felting but a big pink rug!

Last Christmas I started to make a poncho, which now lives unfinished in an asda bag at the bottom of my wardrobe. I never learn, I wonder how much of this project I will complete before I get distracted, bored, etc.


I had a lovely weekend surrounded by family at my Mum & Dad's in Cumbria followed by a visit to my Aunty & Uncle's to see some of my cousins.

x x x

5 comments:

  1. Teehee I'm like that, I'm the queen of 'unfinished'!! ;-)

    Good luck with your big pink rug! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :-))
    She is 14/15 weeks old and a real handful!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for "stumbling" across my blog, I hope you enjoy it.
    Your newest Blogging buddy,
    Janiece

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah, thanks for your recent comments on my blog, it's great to hear from you! I need to see pics of your felting, sounds fab! I have managed to put my tree up and clean half my house. I never get it all done in one go as I am very easily distracted. How's work going? Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just put my tree up yesterday. :P I procrastinate.

    ReplyDelete