Monday 24 August 2009

The last three weeks I have mostly been decorating...

...so it would be safe to assume that I have done lots and lots and nearly done the whole house. Well, that assumption would be wrong!

Having never actually decorated a full room before I was very naive to think that a splash of paint here and a bit of gloss there and bobs your uncle you have a lovely decorated room. In reality It has taken me a whole week (of evenings after work) to do just the office. However if i do say so my self it looks wonderful! I am a hopeless perfecionist so it had to be just right.

I have also been planning a nine day trip to France for me and Martin. We leave on Friday after work and drive down to Dover then sail to Calais on Saturday morning. We're spending two days in Paris here in this lovely hotel, I can't wait. There is so much that i want to do and see in Paris, we definatley won't be able to fit it all in but i do hope that we make it to the Louvre as i have always wanted to go. I'd also like to take a boat trip down the Seine - thats the hopeless romantic in me!

After leaving Paris we are driving 6 hours down country a bit further than Cognac. We're spending 5 days in that area and then driving back to Calais on saturday and sailing back to Dover on Sunday just in time to be back at work on Monday morning!

Still got loads to do and a bit daunted as neither me nor Martin have ever driven on the 'wrong' side of the road before (well not intentionally) but it should be a fun adventire.

Watch out for 'France' themed pictures soon!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so excited for you! And I can't wait to see the pictures from your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done with the office, it always takes longer than you think!
    Hope you have a great time in France, I'm sure you will!!!

    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Driving on the wrong side of the road is easy once you get used to it - just think hard about the roundabouts :) Have a good trip. Oh and if you see any signs for 'Brocante' then drop in as they are like flea market/second hand stuff shops - you can get some fabulous bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I'm leaving you a comment to say how fabulous your blog is ! Really unusual and interesting posts and you have cool pictures too. Thanks so much for taking the time to share them.. best wishes...

    ReplyDelete